July 6, 2014

Happy July

We had a quiet 4th of July.  Ben was on a fishing trip, our kids aren't firework fans and there was potentially a tropical storm...good times :)  Thankfully the storm was very small and the kids and I were even able to get out and run some errands.  Random fact: our kids will eat Arby's well, but we've only been there 3 times with them.   They all got cat ears from their meals and have been pretending to be animals for the last several days.


I am a plant killer.  I either water too little or too much, but never in the right equation.  In efforts to keep our plants alive while Ben was gone, I dug out this sprinkler left from the owners.  The kids chased the water and thought it was great to get wet in their clothes.  Plants watered and kids laughing...it was a win, win in my books.


  Our morning wore out Colin...I love how he sleeps.  He only sucks his thumb while he sleeps and rubs the corner of his blankie.

Eli looked super duper cute this morning for church.  In the rush of the morning I didn't get the picture I wanted, but he just melted me all day long.  Here, he's eating a cookie Ben brought home from his fishing trip in Canada.

It was a beautiful afternoon and while the boys napped, I took Alison out for a jog.  She made it a mile and announced to Ben that she runs faster than me.  She ran a 13 minute pace...I'll just leave it at that.  I loved being out with her!  She is a special little girl.  Only a princess can run a mile in a sequin, off the shoulder tank top.


2 comments:

edj3 said...

Hey I should run with her -- I am not at all fast and then she could beat Nana too!

Jen Shear said...

you should! She would love that!