October 10, 2014

This week

Monday, I started potty training Colin.  Maybe I should say attempted to start potty train Colin.  This stinker proves to be a stinker every.single.day.  He sat on this potty for 2 days and would not pee on it...he would hold it until I put a diaper on him at nap time and completely let the floodgates open.


This week, he's gone on the potty all of 1 time...but I'm determined not to give up!
 You know you're a third when your mom makes you sit on the potty during lunch:


Wednesday Alison lost a tooth at school.  She has always wanted to lose a tooth at school because the nurse gives them this little treasure box to keep it in.  She said that she pulled it herself during a test because she just wanted it out.


Friday, the boys and I went to the pumpkin patch with Eli's preschool.  First, we saw some animals and climbed on some hay.

His "what are they doing?!" look



We played in barrels of corn and jumped in some cotton.


While the farmer was talking to all the kids about what farmers do, Colin thought that was a great time to run around with this bike.  Don't tell him that we used to have one of these, but it is now on the "why did I purge that?" list. 


Eli held my hand most of the time and asked me to come with him to the different activities, while Colin was racing around and exploring all on his own.  I need to start dressing him in neon so I can spot him easily, because he's fast and curious.  I'm pretty sure I get major bonus points for taking them through the corn maze.
We took a hay ride out to the pumpkin patch and the kids could pick any pumpkin they wanted.

Eli and his good friend, Nash

Out of all the choices, Eli picked this tiny one with black spots on it. 


Eli posing for his teacher, Ms. Kimmel

He was so excited about his pumpkin and explained to me that he picked a small one so it wasn't too heavy to carry back to the farm.  He's a smart one.  I told him we'll just have to go back with Daddy's muscles to get a big one we can carve.

On the hay ride

In other news, my foot/ankle is still hurt.  It's sad and makes me grouchy.  The cure for a foot injury is rest and there is no rest when Colin is around.  A friend lent me a boot that actually provided some relief, the first in 5 days...so I'll be rockin' the boot for awhile :)  Too bad it's not December or I would snatch up the opportunity to have a Christmas movie marathon.

2 comments:

edj3 said...

I'm really sorry about your foot/ankle issue. Is it your achilles tendon?

Jen Shear said...

yes, it is.