November 16, 2014

This week


Ben had off Monday and Tuesday and we got a lot done!  He got to experience grocery shopping with 2 kids and the craziness of taking kids to school.  He took Alison lunch at school and we started working on Christmas presents.

Tuesday, we enjoyed the last nice day of the season.  It was warm and sunny and we knew the cold was coming soon.  We only have about 30 minutes after Alison gets home from school before it gets dark so we spent every minute we could on our bikes.



Wednesday, Alison had Girl Scouts and Ben was in DC so the boys had to come with me.  We had a coupon for a free frosty at Wendy's, so we used that up while we waited for Alison.


 The boys were not as excited about our outing as I thought they would be.


Thursday, Alison asked the boys if they wanted her to teach them how to do yoga.  This is yoga with Alison:


Friday we went on a date with the Boomer's while Hannah babysat the kids.  It was a great arrangement!  While at dinner, we shared with them that we were considering homeschooling (they have always home schooled their 4 kids) and George jokingly said, "You haven't started sewing too, have you Jen?".  I laughed and said, "Actually, I have!".  Oh no.  We already are the stereotypical home school family; we make our own bread and sew and buy eggs from a farm down the road.  Now I just need to start wearing long jean skirts and I'm set.

But in all seriousness on that note, we have officially decided to home school.  This is Eli's last week at preschool and we'll pull Alison out after Christmas (we'll have her finish this semester in school).  I'll do a post on all the reasons why, but for now, I thank all of you for praying for us.  I am confident that this is what God wants for our family.  I fully know it will be hard, but I equally know that it is the job God is calling for me to do.

1 comment:

edj3 said...

I can't think of anyone better able to do this than you. Yes, with God's grace but still :)