November 3, 2014

This Week

Thankfully I married a genius and my keyboard situation is fixed.  HALLELUJAH!!!

The kids woke up Monday morning to daddy being home.  The first thing Eli asked him for was his costume...Ben had purchased and hidden his mask, shirt and light sabor before he left and we made the cape while he was gone.  So first thing in the morning, Darth Vader was created.


 Alison woke up and pulled her own tooth out because she was tired of having to eat on the side of her mouth.  This girl baffles me...she turns into a ball of tears when we talk about her teeth coming out but then will just yank it out on her own.


Colin worked on his like-a-bike skills.  After 5 years of having this bike, it's finally getting the proper use out of it.  The weather was beautiful this week and we spent a lot of time outside.  I love the fall in Virginia!


Eli had a parade at school on Thursday and fell asleep on the way there.


I let him sleep for a little bit and when I finally woke him up I asked if he was feeling okay.  He said, "Yes.  I just like to sleep in the car sometimes."  Sure you do.


All the kids walked around the school in their costumes and then went into the field for some Halloween games.



Friday is a whole other post...
but Saturday turned cold and windy and our church Harvest day was cancelled so plan B was playing games and eating a yummy dinner.

Alison pretended to be a bride all afternoon and we played 'spot it' and 'uno'.  


One of my favorite spots in the world is right here:
Sitting at our island, watching Ben cook.


2 comments:

edj3 said...

Was Ben making flank steak? Trying to figure out what that is. Also I love the photo of Alison in the dress--just lovely. And Colin looked so thrilled with Eli's costume!

Jen Shear said...

yes, it was flank steak and potatoes and a pumpkin pie is in the oven