February 2, 2015

Kansas Trip, a Lawrence week

We spent the rest of the week in Lawrence with my parents.  Monday morning, my mom watched the kids so Ben and I could run through our old neighborhoods.  It was fun to be back on those roads, but the hills and wind nearly killed me.
In front of our house on 27th St.

Then we got to have lunch at Papa Keno's all.by.ourselves.  I really love lunch dates.

The kids were jealous that we went out for pizza without them, so Tuesday we took them to CiCi's pizza.  We've never been and the fact that they could pick any pizza they wanted was a huge treat.

My dad had been traveling and got home that night right before the kids went to bed.  Somehow that meant that it was time to play catch inside the house.

Mom and I had spent the afternoon making verinky and Alison helped with the finishing touches.  I LOVE this picture.  The pictures I have with my grandma in the kitchen are a treasure to me and I hope this one is for Alison too.


Wednesday, while the boys went hunting, the rest of us went to LOL play place.  It was so much fun and we had the place pretty much to ourselves!




Here are some videos from our morning:
1.  Eli thought he was jumping so high, but only his left foot would kick up.
2. The dance room...there's a TV above the me where the kids can see themselves dancing.  Eli is trying to get just his hand in the picture, in true Eli form.
3.  Colin shaking his booty will lift any spirits.


We spent a lot of the week just hanging out, being spoiled by cable TV and relaxing.  It was great!  The weather was super nice all week and we made it a point to play outside as much as we could.  Alison loved climbing the trees in the yard.
 

I challenged my dad to teach Colin how to behave in Target.  So our last afternoon there, we took a little shopping trip.  Of course Colin did fine.  One look from grandpa and he stopped whining about sitting in the cart.  And there he quietly sat while we shopped for random things.  Alison didn't complain about the trip-she came home with a new wardrobe and accessories.


It really was a great trip and just what I needed.  Alison kept saying that she's going to move to Kansas :) 

Colin's favorite part of the trip; riding the bus at the airport

No comments: