February 19, 2015

Friends and Fun

The best thing I ever did:


I invited one of Alison's best school friends over for Valentine's Day.  I really want to make an effort to keep her connected to her friends, especially the really good ones.  Allison and Alison have been in the same class for 2 years and have always had to go by their last names.  It's funny having just the 2 of them together, because I'd give my Alison an instruction and Allison L. would do it for her.  Anyway, they had a great day together.  They spent a lot of time in Alison's room, quietly making loom bracelets. 
 

P.S. Allison L. is the only kid I know who is taller than our Alison.


Sunday, we sat down and tackled knitting.  New yarn and a fun girl on youtube made it possible.




This is what our project looks like.  Alison wants to turn it into a sweater for her stuffed kitty.

 
Monday was kicked off with a forecast of snow.  Around here that means everyone freaks out and everything shuts down.  We followed true Virginia suit and joined the masses at the grocery store before the flurries started.  Colin snagged my phone and literally took 200+ selfies.




Snow pictures to come, plus some hilarious videos.  
Besides another round of cabin fever, I'm thankful for a week full of smiles.

making cake pops

1 comment:

edj3 said...

I can't knit, I add stitches too. My grandmother taught me when I was a couple of years older than Alison is now but I was horrible. I tried again when we moved to Boston, thinking I'd make Alison a scarf but like you, I add stitches. I use a knitting needle now as a sewing tool when I need to turn corners. It's better that way.

So yes, you get massive credit for doing this knitting thing. That's hard stuff.