February 7, 2016

Life with a Charlie-boo

Ben calls Colin "Charlie-boo", most of the time just being silly with him, but Colin loves it.  It fits him though, because life with Colin is...well, full of boo boos.

 The last few days are full of examples.

Thursday, we were rushing out the door to get to gymnastics.  Alison and Eli were already sitting in the car, ready to go and Colin was taking his sweet time gathering up all of his "friends" (aka an arm load of stuffed animals).  All of his "friends" added with car slippers, equaled him falling down the stairs.  I scooped him up and a giant goose egg formed on his forehead.  
This was the first time this week I questioned whether to go to the ER.

Friday, I noticed something blue on Colin's face, but didn't think too much about it because A.) it's Colin and B.) he had just been playing by the easel and I assumed it was chalk.  Well, you know what they say about assuming...an hours or so later, Alison mentioned that the blue on his face looked like he had drunk something.  Not having any blue drinks or food in the house I began to panic.  Turns out he discovered the kids mouthwash and wanted to see how yummy it tasted.  And this was the second time in 2 days I questioned whether we should rush to the ER.  I'm pretty sure he just tasted it and realized it was gross, but I still threw the whole bottle in the outside trashcan.

Saturday I thought it would be good to have some one-on-one time with my stinker and took him to the commissary with me.  Literally 2 minutes down the road:


I parked at the store and he was completely out.


I carried him into the store:

Yes, yes, he's weaseled his thumb back into his life.  I guess a week full of mishaps is exhausting.  Shopping was quiet, but I definitely got some funny looks.

He finally perked up when we got home and helped me do some move-out cleaning.  He is always quick to tell you, "I'm a good cleaner" or "I'm a great cooker" or whatever you are doing, he'll let you know that he is better...he's got quite the confidence.


Mr. Charlie-boo is a daddy's boy and he only wants Ben at bedtime.


And every night Ben sings to him and he'll try to join.  I love it...

2 comments:

edj3 said...

You're going to think I'm silly, but I teared up listening to Ben sing the good night song--that's the one I made up when Jordan was little and both Jordan and Ben would belt it out with me every time I sang it :)

Jen Shear said...

I don't think it's silly...I think it's sweet. You started a tradition :)