February 22, 2016

Windsor Castle Park

Favorite place, favorite people.


I read a great suggestion in preparations for our move: take something to remember where you're moving from.  I thought it was a great tip, especially considering this is the only place the kids have known as home.  But, as I thought about a memento from Virginia, I couldn't think of anything I'd want to move from place to place throughout the years.  Ham? No.  Seashells?  We've got a giant jar full.
We decided instead to take some pictures at the place we've spent the most time at.

Usually, Ben and I look like this:


But I insisted on some non-workout clothes pictures.  Ideally, I thought we'd wear all cutesy outfits, but instead it ended up being a more, "stop cleaning and go for a family walk" picture.  We all wore what we were wearing for a Sunday afternoon and I'm okay with it.  This is us, in real life, right now.




"Okay, now the boys.  Show us your muscles."


Colin thinking, "Umpf!  Eli is not stronger than me!"

Colin: "I'll show you my muscles!"

And then they started wrestling...such is the life with 2 little boys.


It was a gorgeous day and like always, it was SO refreshing to be out on the trail.  The boys love running ahead and I love that they have a safe place to do that.





After pictures, Ben took the kids off the trail to explore.  This was my favorite part of the day. 


I love, love, love that Ben does this with the kids and they are the luckiest kids in the world to have him as a dad.

So many favorite pictures from the trail, but this one takes the cake.   I look forward to exploring new trails with Ben, but this place will hold a special place in my heart.

7 comments:

Jamie said...

Who took the pictures? This is a perfect idea for you guys!

edj3 said...

These are such great photos--who took them? What great memories to take with you to Arizona :)

Jen Shear said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen Shear said...

We just took them with Ben's phone. We used a selfie stick for the family ones and Ben propped it up in tree branches and set a timer on the running ones. We're classy, I know :)

Ben Shear said...

I took them on my phone! I prop my phone on a stick or log, set the timer and run to get in the frame (for the running photos). And a self-stick, while on the same level as a fanny pack, does get the job done!

Kent J said...

Great pics!

Jamie said...

That's amazing! Good job, guys!