May 30, 2016

San Diego, Part 2


We spent Saturday at the beach before heading home.  





I've been reading a running book that talks a lot about barefoot running and I have really been wanting to try it.  Living on the surface of the sun doesn't give me much opportunity to do that, but this beach was the perfect spot to give it a try.  Ben played with the kids while I ran a couple of miles down the beach and it was one of the most fun things I've ever done.

Alison following me at the end of my run




These little "sea creatures" were all over the beach, but no one knew what they were.  I even had a lady, who is from San Diego, come up to me and ask what they were.  Baby lobsters?





This was the easiest beach trip we've done to date.  Any time the parents have time to sit under the tent and read while the kids play in the sand, is a good beach day.


This trip was so refreshing for me (I'm pretty sure I've said that too many times) and I am so thankful for our time in San Diego.

1 comment:

edj3 said...

That looks like a perfect vacation :)