October 23, 2016

This week

First, pics from Ben.
He's started several programs on the base already.  This is from "Holy Smokes" (i.e. come smoke a cigar with the chaps and have some good conversations).


And these are the "cans" that they sleep in.  There are 3 rooms per can; officers have their own rooms but every one else shares.
 


From us:
Temps are in the 90's, which means we eat outside!
Lunch at Kneaders:

 
 


When you give Colin stickers from Target:


I love that this little boy still asks me to snuggle with him daily.  It will end soon, so I just have to document the days that I get to sit with him in my lap.
 

This is how little boys play in the desert:
 
 

Holes in our yard.  If it's not the boys, it's the dog.  Colin is showing you his muscles.  P.S. I'm pretty sure there are countless toys buried throughout our yard now.

We worked on planting a garden this week.  The boys would get decked out to be "workers".


 Highlight of the week:
We were getting ready to leave the house when I looked in the living room and saw something strange on the floor.  I thought it was part of a stuffed animal and made a comment about Maya being naughty.  I stepped closer and realized it was a head of a bird.  In my living room.  I was pretty sure I was going to barf.  Long story short, I paid Eli $1.00 to clean it up.  Praise the Lord for having sons!  I still haven't found the rest of the body, but there are bird feathers all over our yard. 


This is how you pick pumpkins in the desert.
 

Thank you Walmart.  
They are weirdly really light.
 

The Y has been a huge blessing to me.  Twice a month, they have a parent's time out and while Ben is deployed, everything is FREE.  I get eight hours of free childcare a month and they do fun activities with them, which means they are really excited to go.  This morning, I went for a run, got a haircut, grabbed a giant coffee and cleaned the floors, all by myself!


The kids have been working on chores.  Colin grabbed Ben's earmuffs to vacuum today because was too loud for him.



3 comments:

edj3 said...

I am so glad about the Y--what a great thing for the kids and for YOU! Hurrah!

edj3 said...

Hit publish too soon--also EW EW EW about the bird! YUCK.

Jamie said...

I love your hair! That is awesome of the Y! Also, Colin pictures are funny!! :) miss you guys!