January 12, 2017

Things I forgot

I was flipping through my phone pictures today and realized how much I forgot to post over the last few weeks!

This just made me smile one morning...she made herself a bagel and is just chillin' on the couch.  Mornings like this are my favorite.


While Christmas shopping, the boys begged to get mustaches.  Last deployment, Ben grew a mustache and one of the rare times we got to facetime him, the kids were so startled by his new look.  Ben and I will never forget Colin saying, "Daddy!  Why you got that nash-nash?".  We still laugh about it, so I basically bought them for my own humor.


Pre-Christmas music...practicing Jingle Bells.  They practiced well because they are still singing it!



I wish I could go back to this moment:

Summer sausage for Christmas is a Jen Shear thing, so I made sure to send some in Ben's Christmas box.  And then I got this picture with a story about how a company sent boxes and boxes and boxes of summer sausage and fancy cheeses for all the marines.  Face palm.  Ben set up a little party on Christmas Eve for the marines to eat all the goodies.

Eli got 3 big Lego sets for Christmas and would get up early in the morning to work on them.


 

I slept in the schoolroom when all our family was here for Christmas and it was the place I would find Eli building Lego's and Maya cuddled up in my bed.  Seriously, every single night this dog would sneak in my room and hide in my bed like "maybe she won't notice I'm here with all the chaos and let me stay all night."  She is pretty stinkin cute, but still got kicked out.

Rose is the cutest little 3 year old ever.  It took me a few days to get into her world, but she finally warmed up to aunt Jen.



Beth brought Pie Face with her.  We wondered if it would really be fun or just annoyingly messy.  Hearing the giggles come from the kids was an easy answer and then Maya cleaned up all the mess for us.




My mom requested we take my dad to Arizona Donuts.  Anyone who knows my dad, knows exactly what he is saying to the lady at the counter right now...thankfully we lucked out and got a lady who spoke pretty good English.  AND the were out of donuts AGAIN.  Second time this has happened when we've gone with family.  Maybe because of the holidays?


Good news: my dad loved it!

Final, hardest, Lego set was completed this week.
 

 We started school back up this week and I thought I would be musical and turned on Fantasia while we ate dinner.  Colin fell asleep promptly 2 minutes after I turned it on.


My handsome boys are looking older by the day.


Firzday!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Love and miss your sweet family!!