April 2, 2017

This week

We checked out a local gym with some friends.  We were hoping it would be a good PE option but I'm not sold; it was really hot in there and temps are only going up.  I don't understand why Yuma doesn't have good indoor activity options.


Laurel took the boys for a few hours so I could get my hair cut and a few errands run.  Eli made himself a bag for the day (sorry the picture is sideways).  I was impressed by his sewing and had to laugh at what he thought was necessary to pack. 


'Annie' is just a few weeks away and I caught a glimpse of them practicing on stage.  I am so excited that Alison gets this experience and she is loving every second of it.  


I think our table has had sewing stuff on it for the last month!  Alison's new thing is to listen to music on headphones while she works.  It cracks me up.
 

Super exciting things happened for Ben this week!  He turned over his position and...
 

 received his FMF pin!  You can't see it in this picture, but he's got some serious bling going on now.
 

 Alison and Eli both needed a little push in reading harder things (i.e. they have a tendency to settle for what is easy and quick), so I gave them a little incentive and a nice little vocabulary lesson on the word "incentive".  Eli earns $0.25 for every book he reads to me, so we sat for a long time reading a stack of books.  I wasn't complaining about having to sit and relax; definitely worth $4.00.


Eli and Colin set up their own picnic...in their pj's.
 
 

The White's came over for the afternoon.  Laurel and I have hit the jackpot with taking turns watching the kids.  It's a win, win.  The kids play so great together that it really gives us both a break.  Popcorn parties are a regular occurrence when they are here. 


It gave me so much time, that I finished two projects!  First, I recovered our couch pillows.
 

And made a measuring board that will last for many moves and many growth spurts.  The sticky one we have is barely hanging on after 2 moves and Alison doesn't fit on it anymore.  Plus, it only cost me $10 to make it myself instead of $60 off of Etsy :)


Best news of all, next week will be full of much more exciting news!

2 comments:

edj3 said...

So excited!~~~~

Judith said...

Wonderful pictures, great sewing, can't wait til next week for more!