June 8, 2018

Friday Favorites

This is by far my most favorite sight:


 This was all on their own initiative; I started cooking dinner and they all jumped in to help and ended up doing all the work.  LOVE IT.  The boys made chicken strips and Alison diced peaches.  Now that I look at the picture, it's pretty funny...Alison's in a sweatshirt, Colin's in pj's and Eli is shirtless. Oh well, they ate a good dinner that night, that's all I remember.

I spent some birthday money on a hammock stan.
Ben brought home a hammock from Panama on his first deployment and we haven't had a place to hang it, although there have been many attempts.  This thing was the best invention!
The boys took helping me assemble it very seriously.

 

Man, does Eli ever wear clothes?  Maybe I've gotten so used to it that I don't even notice anymore.


Works like a charm and has been a huge hit!
 


There may have been a few arguments about whose turn it was to sit in it, but finding kiddos curled up in it reading is worth every penny.


Don't worry, I got my turn too and let Ben have a good laugh; I watched a show on my ipad while swinging in it...in our house.  Another big project came along, so we moved it outside today.  Even in the 100's the kids wanted to be out there :)

We are officially a camping family!
We took the plunge to invest in some camping gear, but really we invested in entertainment for our kids.  Big boxes=hours of building houses and playing.  I'm pretty sure we could never step foot on a camp site and they would still be happy.

The boys built a house and the long box was their canoe.  Alison tried to turn it into a jewelry shop, so now it's half boys cave and half jewelry shop.
 

No comments: