October 28, 2018

Trampoline park + random stuff

Big news in Yuma!  A trampoline park opened up!
There are so many things about this town that make zero sense.  One of those things is why there are no indoor activities.  I'm pretty sure a skating rink would make a million dollars.  Anyway, there have been rumors of a trampoline park being built for a year.  When it finally opened and a friend invited us to go opening week, I didn't believe it.  In fact, I went fully expecting there to be a single trampoline sitting in the middle of a warehouse (that's how Yuma rolls a lot of times).  Thankfully, I was wrong and was actually very impressed.  It was pricey, but the kids had an absolute blast.



Don't you do the splits on the suspended balance beam?








 The boys' even learned how to play dodgeball and I was very impressed with how much they held their own in a game with older boys.



Other, not exciting news...

It always cracks me up when Maya does this:

If you lay on the floor to stretch, she has to come lick the sweat off you.

My bubs.  Just had to document that he still needs my snuggles.  There are times in school that he gets frustrated and just has to climb in my lap for a second to regroup.  Then he's fine and finishes his lesson strong.  This is actually true for all the kids and it always reminds me the power of a simple hug.


Eli continues to create what he imagines.  He thought up this costume, made it up himself and even spiked his hair.



Last Sunday he decided that every Sunday there should be sewing. He started working on a blanket and we talked about sewing takes patience; you can't just sew something in a few minutes, but it may take days or weeks.
{I fixed the sewing machine and it no longer makes those squeaky sounds}

No comments: