August 5, 2019

Alison's Birthday!

She's 12!!!

Donuts for breakfast and a historic day: Eli let Alison kiss him!  I'm glad I got that documented.


Ben set up her first present the night before and we waited to see how long it would take her to notice.  It wasn't long after donuts that she saw a tree swing in the backyard :)


This was the first year in a LONG time that we waited to open presents.  Instead, we headed to the beach!


 It was another cold day on the beach, but that didn't stop the kids.  Ben and I had sweatshirts on, but they were boogie boarding.  It's crazy how much the weather changes by the water.  At our house it was sunny and 80, but by the water was 70 and cloudy.

When we got back home, we had a luau.  We played beach ball volleyball, had a hulu hoop contest and sipped fruit punch out of fancy cups.


The boys surprisingly really got into the luau.  I wasn't able to capture them hulu dancing, but they did :)


Even Maya joined the fun.


Before dinner, we finally opened presents.





My favorite part of the day was right here, when Eli said excitedly, "I want to sit next to the Birthday Girl!" and then both boys showered her with hugs.  Alison always tries to love on them, but it's rare that they initiate affection.




We planned kabobs for dinner, but Alison changed her mind last minute and wanted hotdogs...actually she wanted Indian rice, pork belly, hot dogs and grilled pineapple.


Her cake request this year was a layered white cake that was decorated.  Ben made the cake and frosting and Rayna helped me with the decorations.  I think the team effort made it all the more special.






One tradition that has carried on is her need for a birthday shirt.  Thank you Target for making that an easy button this year.

 

Alison had the great idea for this swing shortly after we moved in and I think it was a brilliant idea...the boys think so too.


Here we go 12! I think it's going to be a great year!

No comments: