July 4, 2022

This and That

Ben and I went to the Greek Festival.  We are learning that some things in the area are better to just bike to, rather than try to drive and deal with parking.  We went solo, so the long walk wasn't a problem and it was nice to have a little date.  We got some Greek food, listened to the WAY too loud music and explored Garvis Point.

 

Ben has been working incredibly hard on our yard.  It's looking beautiful!

 
I love that our boys still come find us in the morning for some snuggles.

We got passes to the Sea Cliff beach.  Alison and I went on a little date to get coffee by the water one morning.



There was a song my dad and I used to sing when I was a kid..."I looked out my window and what did I find?" The rest says "pumpkins growing on my pumpkin vine" but I hear that song all the time in my head and it makes me laugh when I can add in silly verses like "Maya watching her boys playin' basketball."  Only my dad will think this is funny :)


Maya still makes us laugh every day.  It's taken her awhile to figure out her spot in the new house.  Ben found this rug and it is hands down the softest, most cozy rug and Maya just figured this out, but will always hang her head off.  Probably so she can still see everything going on in the rest of the house.  If she's not here, she's started sneaking into the boys' beds and tries to take a nap there.

Another great feat since moving here has been getting into a doctor.  I have spent countless hours on this; months of work and I told the kids that the day we FINALLY get to see a doctor, we are celebrating.

This is us celebrating at Sid's:

 
Eli has decided to take on the project of rebuilding all our Lego sets, but first needs to sort all the Lego's so he can find the pieces.  So if you need him for the next 3 months, he'll be right here in the attic:

 
We have started working on the kids cooking more.  It would be easy to not do this, considering our kitchen only fits 2 people, but I think the lemon is worth the squeeze.  Colin is making pasta and salad for dinner here (standing on a stool so he doesn't get too much steam in his face):


No comments: