April 21, 2009

What a crazy girl!

Apparently I should have named Alison Crazy Hair Girl. She's always had such crazy hair!
We made the trip to Walmart yesterday and let Alison pick out her first pair of big girl panties. Every time I say the word panties it makes me smile because Ben told me once that when Madisyn was little she asked him, "Bubba, why do your panties look so funny?" Anyway, Alison picked Elmo over Cinderella (which thankfully is a new favorite) and is very proud to wear them.
A lady from church told me her 3 year old daughter wears size 24 month underwear, so I questioned getting size 2T-3T but Ben assured me she can just grow into them. Oh, there's no growing into these! Her Shear tush fills them up.
I got Alison to wear a diaper this morning to go the Y, but when I picked her up they asked me to bring her in a pull-up from now on because she asked to go potty a couple of times. So much for me deciding when I'd potty train her.

2 comments:

katherine said...

Yeah, it doesn't sound like Alison gave you much of a choice. She was ready! I think Anna will be happy in diapers until I finally say enough is enough. But we'll see. Kids are full of surprises.

edj3 said...

Isn't that the truth? I told my mother about Alison and she was shocked--apparently the current guidelines say most children aren't ready to toilet train until 2 1/2 to 3 years. Wish I'd known that when my boys were little, that would have spared us all much frustration.