May 30, 2009

1st Birthday Party

Alison went to her first official birthday party today. Robby is a little boy that goes to Hope and he turned 4 today. The pictures I got aren't great, but I wanted to document the day. Alison's new found bigness hit me hard today. The shirt she's wearing is size 3T...and she's busting out of it! I put her in the baby swing and her feet were about a centimeter off the ground.They had a big bounce house and Alison was all about being in there. I thought she would be scared, especially with older kids screaming and running around, but she did a pretty good job holding her own.Today was also noteworthy, because it was a day Ben and I thought would never come...the day when we would have to call eachother Mommy and Daddy instead of Ben and Jen. We always said we wouldn't do it, but maybe it works better if your name is more complicated than Ben and Jen. William came over to play yesterday and after Alison heard him call me Jen all morning, she decided to join the club. This morning I called for Ben and Alison started repeating me. Ben and I have known too many teens call their parents by only their first names to let this trend continue. While it gave us good chuckle, we are officially only Mommy and Daddy from now on.

No comments: