May 19, 2009

Happy See Do!

Alison loves the Happy Birthday song, except she says, "Happy See Do". But there was nothing better than hearing my little girl say, "Happy see do Mommy!". I confess that a good part of the morning she said Grandma instead of Mommy, but it still melted my heart.
Ben got up with Alison at 5:30 when the cat charged in her room, startled her and she was too scared to close her eyes again. He let me sleep in until 9 and then made Bubba's Benny for breakfast. If you've never had a Bubba's Benny, please find the closest First Watch and get one ASAP. Then he sent me to our room and I enjoyed some quiet time while he did something mysterious. I was called into Alison's room and found this...I asked to have a picnic on the beach for my birthday and of course Monday was cold and gloomy. But, Ben being the king of gifts, bought everything we'll need for our day on the beach; a big umbrella, a beach chair for me and Alison , and an insulated bag full of stuff for our picnic. I thought it was a very creative gift and I love it. Especially the bag! I love picnic baskets, but this is much more practical and so cute! After Alison's nap we bundled up and went for a walk by the river. Ben made pizza for dinner and we watched 'The Curious Case of Benjamin Button' and ate 2 different kinds of peanut butter ice cream. I had a great birthday enjoying a relaxing day with Ben and Alison.

3 comments:

Elizabeth and Nathan said...

2 kinds of peanut butter ice cream?!! Now I'm really jealous I missed that celebration!

edj3 said...

Oh I love it! And that picture of you and Alison is just beautiful :)

katherine said...

Happy See Do, Jen! I bet you'll always remember your picnic in Alison's bedroom. I may just have to try your First Watch recommendation since they just opened one that is a 10 minute walk from my house.