May 13, 2009

My mom came to visit this past week and we were busy having lots of fun. Of course all of my great plans got rained out-it rained the entire week! We resorted to shopping at the mall, going to the Y and of course making the long trek to WalMart for groceries. Saturday we walked around downtown Smithfield and stopped at the farmers market where Alison got to pet a chick.
Through one of our shopping trips, Alison insisted on carrying my purse. Though it was thoughtful, it was a tad bit obnoxious to have stop every couple of steps for her to hike it up on her shoulder to keep it from dragging on the floor and tripping over it. Grandma came to the rescue and picked up a little purse that won't drag on the floor.
Ben treated my mom and I to pedicures and dinner at the Crab Shack for Mother's day. We certainly felt pampered and loved. We even got to sit outside, over the James River, at dinner. The sound of waves crashing has some power to completely relax me...oh, I love it. After dinner we took a short walk on the beach and watched the sun set over the river.
The above picture was taken at dinner. Notice Alison's clench on the sippy cup. Apparently the sippy cup is the new binky. Alison's a trend setter in toddler world...soon you'll see all the kids with sippy cups attached to them.
I'm thankful my mom was able to come and see where I now call home. However, I'm not so thankful for her departure. I've heard, "Where Grandma?" a thousand times since she's left and Alison doesn't really care for my reasons why she had to go home.

1 comment:

edj3 said...

Happy birthday! I'm posting it everywhere :-)