December 12, 2009

Christmas Parade

Today's was Smithfield's Christmas parade. I had the brilliant plan of going to the Y for a workout and then walking over to the parade. I was pretty impressed with my parking plan...maybe I should have read the signs at the Y that said it was the starting place for the parade. My plan backfired and I was stuck in workout out clothes. Thankfully Daddy and a very nice couple from church saved the day. Ben was downtown at 7:00 this morning setting up to play in the gazebo after the parade and a couple from church who owns the downtown pharmacy was letting the band hang out there. Thankfully they let me break their "no one uses their restroom" policy and was able to get out of my tanktop and shorts.
Alison and I first reserved some front row seats on the street, but I learned very quickly that if you want to sit there you have to have absolutely no personal bubble and have to be very pushy...both of which are not me. Daddy came to the rescue again and got us exclusive seats in the gazebo.
Although it was a very cold morning, we really enjoyed the parade. Ben did an awesome job playing afterwards (videos will be up soon) and some members from Hope handed out hot chocolate. Nothing beats good music and hot chocolate if you ask me.

No comments: