December 21, 2009

Definitely a Michigan baby

We had our first sprinkling of snow this Saturday night. Everywhere else in Virginia got slammed, but we just saw some flurries. Of course you can't underestimate the reaction a few flurries brings to a small town that rarely sees precipitation. You also shouldn't underestimate the reaction that a few flurries can bring to a kid. It was all I could do to keep this kid out of snow Sunday morning. Forget church, she just wanted to build a snowman!After nap time we all went out and built a tiny snowman so Alison could put a carrot on his face. A small snowball fight was started and Ben and I were done, but Alison would have stayed outside all day.

2 comments:

edj3 said...

That hat is so cute on her. I'm so glad Jen knitted it--I'm slightly jealous of my sis because as you well know, I cannot knit to save my life.

Jen Shear said...

Well, I've never seen your knitting skills, but you sew great so I think that makes up for it.