July 9, 2010

Waiting for a rainbow


It is a beautiful, peaceful, rainy day. Alison waited all morning for a rainbow. She kept looking out the window just waiting for one to show up.

The adjustment of going to 2 kids is starting to hit me this week. Alison's been super clingy and constantly asking to be held. Eliot's been more fussy and sleeping less due to his constant battle with his digestive system (thanks to a few ounces of prune juice we're doing much better today). And then there's the cats. Milo's had a few bladder infections, Smoochie has found it quite entertaining to terrorize him and they both keep eating my food! So, I struggle with the constant demand from some thing in this house. Ben has been a great support, but his plate is overflowing this week with prepping for a sermon and finishing 2 classes. I'm so thankful for all the little blessings I see throughout the day that make it all worth it. Like this:
We were playing kitchen and Alison tells me, "Mommy, we're going to use our imaginations now". Her imagination certainly has been growing a lot lately. Yesterday we were walking through the grocery store (does anyone else feel like they're there every day?!) and Alison was pushing Eliot in his stroller. All of the sudden she sticks her bottom out and is walking like a little old lady. She shouts, "Mommy! I'm walking like a swan!" A swan isn't exactly how I would describe her walk, but it made me laugh and I thought to myself how great it is to be a mommy. I'm so thankful God gave me the gift of kids and that I get to listen to all the funny things they come up with.

1 comment:

edj3 said...

I took a video of the rainbow in Hawaii--I will post it, plus the picture I took also. The rainbow was more vivid in real life than it looks on film but she still might like it.