July 31, 2010

Happy 3rd Birthday Alison!



I sang 'Happy Birthday' to Alison when she came in my room in the morning. She looked at me with wide eyes and asked, "Is it today Mommy? Is it July 31st?" When I told her yes, she shouted, "I'M 3!!!" I pulled out a cute outfit Ben bought her and asked if she was ready to put her birthday outfit on. She informed me that that was not her birthday outfit and asked me to follow her in her room so she could show me the correct outfit. She opened a picture book we made her of last summer and pointed to the picture from last year's birthday. She said she needed that birthday shirt. I guess I've unintentionally created a tradition and birthday shirts are now a must. So I quickly dug through her closet and found a plain (of course it had to be pink) shirt and got out my fabric markers. In a matter of minutes we had this year's birthday shirt which she insisted on wearing all day.

We started the day off with a chocolate and sprinkles donut and chocolate milk at Ringo's. Then we went to swimming lessons where Alison talked nonstop to the instructor about her birthday.

After lunch and a good birthday nap, we ate cupcakes and opened presents. It was a nice, relaxing day to just enjoy each other and play. I'm not sure with how many more birthday's we'll be able to get away with it being this "quiet", so I really soaked this one up.Daddy very sweetly surprised Alison 3 pink roses and balloons. She is one very loved princess.

Then we headed to Red Robin for a special birthday dinner. She was extremely excited about the pink balloon, but not too sure about the song that they sang to her. She ate the cherry off the top of the sundae and was ready to go.


I can't believe she's 3. This year has gone by too fast, as I know this next one will too. We had a fantastic time celebrating Alison and I am so thankful God blessed us with her.

2 comments:

edj3 said...

I'm so glad we were able to see Alison on her birthday. It sure looks like she had a great day :-)

katherine said...

Happy birthday, Alison! I love that she had her own ideas about what she'd wear for her birthday. She's definitely ready for 3 with that attitude. :)