October 30, 2010

Don't turn around

Not even for a second.
I've had many chances to learn this lesson in the last 3 1/2 years of being a mother, but Eli is going to make sure I really get it down pat. The other morning we were all sitting at the table eating breakfast, Eli was in his bumbo on the table and he reached down, grabbed Alison's spoon full of cheerios and flung them all around the kitchen. I should have learned then-don't leave a bowl close to Eli. But I didn't. Lunch today was a typical lunch hour. I was trying to feed Eli while fixing Alison lunch and get a few bites of something myself. I turned around to get something for Alison and looked back to find Eli feeding himself some squash. He's at the stage where if he sees you eating something, he has to have it. Forget baby food, he wants the real thing. But he still has a very sensitive tummy, so I'm having a hard time coming up with "real", soft things for him to eat. He loves the little baby puffs and gets excited when he hears the container of them shake. I say give it a week and he'll be feeding himself.

No comments: