June 12, 2011

Just to remember

Oh, my little Eli. My little napkin head.
He loves to rub his food filled hands through his hair during every meal and snack. It drives us slightly bonkers and makes me want to shout, "Your hair is not a napkin!".

He also loves to carry food around. He is the happiest when he has a snippit of food in one of his fists and can walk around and play and smear his treasure on all the furniture. At the end of every meal, when we're taking him out of his chair, he'll sneak a piece of leftover dinner into his hand. I have on occasion found goldfish crackers in his crib as a result of this.

He loves his momma. He cries and forcefully reaches for me every time I leave him...even if he's with daddy.

He loves the kitties almost as much as his momma. He thinks it's a game to follow Milo around and smothers Smoochie as much as possible.


Alison had a breakthrough at the beach yesterday! I took just her with our neighbors to a private beach that was quiet and calm. I anticipated a tear filled event with her clenched to me, but to my surprise, she swam and played in the sand with her friends. She didn't want to leave, and neither did I-it was so precious to see her no longer afraid of the ocean.

1 comment:

edj3 said...

I have a picture of Ben when he was about Eliot's age with spaghetti sauce smeared everywhere. I wish the picture were in color but alas, it's black and white so you can't get the stark contrast between Ben's little face and all that red, red sauce. So I think you'll have to look no further than your husband for the source of Eliot's fascination with food.

That is great news about Alison and the beach. Sounds like a good time all the way around.