June 6, 2012

Dress whites

People have been asking me how Ben is doing.  As you can see, he's doing pretty stinkin' good.  Well, at least he looks pretty stinkin' good.  He'll have to post himself all the details when he gets home, but for now, I know that he's tired and there are some really hard days.  He's up at 4 am every morning and is in charge of the 50 men in his company.  He's had some great ministry opportunities and was even asked to play music at chapel last Sunday.  Honestly, this is an area I was blind too.  I assumed that all Chaplains were the same; believing the same thing and teaching the same thing.  I've learned that most are very liberal and have an "airy" attitude...turning others off from wanting to open up to them.  It was exciting for me to hear Ben's excitement as he was able to talk with other officers about what they believe and share the gospel with them.  I think we've both seen through this training that this is really a place that needs solid, strong men like Ben to proclaim the Truth.  I'm so proud of him.  I know the past month has been very hard and challenging.  I know he hasn't told me a fraction of what he's really going through.  I can't wait to see him in his uniform in person-maybe, just maybe, things will seem a little more real then.

Only 9 more days!

2 comments:

edj3 said...

Is his class only for chaplains? I missed that bit. We're counting down the days too, and I promise we will take lots of pictures next week. I sure wish you could be there.

katherine said...

Wow. He looks so official.