June 17, 2012

Homecoming


This was the moment that I waited for for a long, long time.
It was a very sweet moment, one I will never forget.


 It was different than I thought it would be.  I thought I would cry...I thought I would cry a lot.  But it just felt so right and normal.  Instead, we just sat and savored the moment, knowing we had all the time in the world to catch up and get to know our new son.


 Ben went in to kiss a sleeping Alison and Eliot, but they were so sacked out that they didn't even open an eye.  But the morning was full of endless hugs.  Thankfully they woke up at different times and each got to just embrace Daddy for as long as they wanted.


Eliot did not want Ben out of his sight that day and followed him around asking to be held.  Alison didn't mind getting some extra time with the baby.

 We had a quiet day, full of this:
 Alison gushing all over the baby and Eli playing trains nearby.

 Ben tried on his uniforms for us



It might take some time to recoup from the last 5 weeks, but there's no better remedy for that than some newborn snuggles.


1 comment:

Ashley said...

Alison is such a great big sister already!