June 17, 2012

Home from the hospital


My mom brought Alison back one more time Wednesday, along with some much needed dinner.  The hospital food was terrible and I apparently made some poor snack choices while packing.  I was thankful Alison got some special 'big sister' time with her new brother...I know it made her feel extra special.


By Thursday morning I was so ready to leave.  I had the worst room on the floor-right next to the nurses station and I heard their call bell going off constantly, along with all of their constant chatter.  I was technically supposed to stay until Saturday, but requested to leave early.  Since recovery was going so well and my husband was hours from coming home, they let me leave.

Beth brought Alison to help us home and she spent the whole car ride just staring at Colin.
  She actually has done remarkably well with helping.  I've been surprised how well she's held, swaddled and given him binkies.



The house was a little crazy with excitement when we got home.  Beth very sweetly was trying to clean up the house for me and pack up so everything would be ready for Ben's arrival.  Before our final dinner together, we snapped a quick shot of us with our 6 kids!


3 comments:

Ashley said...

After reading all of this I think your sister was an instrument of Gods peace! She sure seemed like a lifesaver for you. What a blessing! :)

edj3 said...

I agree with Ashley, and I'm so glad you were able to have her there and that she was able to be there.

CaraBrown said...

Wow!!! I just read the last 3 posts and am just so thrilled for everything that has taken place. Your pictures describe every moment so uniquely. Alison looks like such a big girl taking care of her littlest brother! (And she has beautiful long eyelashes) I love the first pic of you and Ben and Colin. I love the picture of you with all the kids in the hospital. I love it all. Congratulations!