August 14, 2012

Mimi and Poppy meet Colin


 Rick, Rachel, Madisyn and Cierra all made the long drive here to meet Colin.
Yes, the Olympics are on in the background...they were on all week and I miss being able to sit and watch them.

Our kids are so blessed to have some amazing Aunts who just love on them.
I don't want to say my kids have favorites, but Eli has especially bonded to Aunt Madisyn.  From sun up to sun down he asks for Aunt Madisyn when she's here.  Poppy on the other hand, he had a little trouble with...he kept calling him Grandma.  We all thought it was pretty funny, but I'm not sure Rick was laughing too hard.


We spent a lot of time just hanging out, watching the Olympics.  It was refreshing to be able to just sit.


Yep, I was one happy momma.  Extra hands to hold the baby and play with the kids, Ben cooked all the food and Rick always cleaned up the kitchen.  I pretty much had it made.
 

While they were here, we had our second Adventure Days at Hope.  Unfortunately I wasn't feeling well and Colin was super fussy, so I had to stay home.  But Ben took Alison and she had a blast.  It was Olympic themed and this is Alison attempting the long jump.

 
Alison went back to Tennessee with Mimi and Poppy for a few days and we're getting a taste of what life would be like with just 2 boys.  So far, it's pretty stinkin' quiet!

chillin' with Mimi

Looking at pictures with Poppy

Saying goodbye to Aunt Cie
the boys testing out the blanket Mimi made for Colin

No comments: