August 5, 2012

Things I will never understand

  • Why strangers feel it's necessary to say "Wow, you've got your hands full!" and why I hear it ALL the time.  Really makes me want to say, "Wow, you're hands are empty and your just standing there starring at me.  Why don't you help a momma out?  P.S. I like my "hands full"!"

  • Why Alison begs for food she doesn't really like (i.e. lunchables and Chick-fil-A)

  • Why I always ruin the first crepe of the batch

  • Why I can never remember when the recycling comes

  • Why Ben gets so much grief over wearing sweatbands...I think it's cute

  • Why mini muffins are so irresistible.  Same recipe, bigger muffins, no one eats them.  But put that batter in mini muffins and they're gone in less than 24 hours.
  •  
     
  • Why people at the commissary are notorious for standing right smack in the middle of the aisle

  • Why little boys can be sitting on the potty and still get pee ALL over the bathroom

6 comments:

alicia said...

Ha! This made me smile... Can definitely relate to some of these... Stil looking for answers myself:)

Jamie said...

I loved this post! My sister has the exact same complaint about her commisary! And people say the hands full thing to me all the time. I usually say, "You should see my heart!" :)Unless I'm super flustered and then I just do that polite laugh thing.

edj3 said...

Or why is it dishes can make it to the counter on top of the dishwasher but not INTO the dishwasher? :)

katherine said...

Haha! Just a few of life's many unanswerable questions. And I'm with you on liking my hands full which is why I see it as a compliment when people point it out. :)

Karen Lehman said...

Jen - when my kids were little, a man at church told me every Sunday that watching me made him tired! I do miss those days. Now I am the one that is tired.

lemming said...

In our family the first crepe is assumed to be wrecked, much as the sun rises and water is wet. This, of course, means that the dog gets one, too. :-)