December 15, 2012

6 Months




 
 Colin at 6 Months:

Eating 3 "meals" a day.  Alright, if this was Alison I would list out what all he's eaten...but all I can tell you is he's getting plenty of fruits and veggies :)

2 big bumps and lots of drool have me hoping for some teeth soon!

Loves to jump.
Loves to pull hair.
Loves to slobber and chew on whatever he can find.

He's on the move! Colin is our first baby that has pure motivation to move. No need to prompt him, he always has a mission. This morning I set him down in the middle of the living room and came back a moment later to find him under the Christmas tree, in middle of all the presents, chewing on the corner of a box. He's even started getting up on all fours...Ben predicts he'll be crawling by Christmas.


Our little secret is out.



I know we're weird, that's why I've tried to hide our secret for 6 months. But the truth is, we call Colin "Charlie" a lot. Charlie was the first name that Alison said we should name him the day we found out he was a boy. It was the name that was always at the top of Ben's name list, but I just couldn't do it. Charlie is the name that everyone tried to convince me to name Colin when he was born while Ben was gone, as a special surprise for his dad and it was the name that Rick's (Ben's dad) grandfather called him when he was a kid. It became a sentimental name to us and so many times I would start to call him "bubby" but that name already belongs to my Eli. So "Charlie" has been given to Colin as his nickname.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I'm so glad you shared the Charlie story because Alison told me in SS that she calls Colin "Charlie." I was super confused and said, "why?" She said, "Because I like to..." ha ha! I said, "Okay." And it made me think of my Grandma who also said, "I'll just call him Charlie" when I was preggers with Wesley. When I asked her "Why? That's not his name?" She said, "Because I'm the Grandma and I can call him whatever I want." :) ha ha! She never did though. Anyway, cute story! CUTE baby!:)

edj3 said...

Charlie sort of fits him too.