December 28, 2012

Christmas Time!


It was a busy Christmas season for our family, but I was thankful to have some Christmas traditions to help us slow down and enjoy time together.


We usually decorate gingerbread men...this year our cookie making dwindled down to just making the cookies and eating them.  The kids still had fun helping and they were just as yummy without the frosting.  Who has time to frost when your chasing after this little stinker?

I think this is the first year that I got all of our shopping done early.  Thank you Amazon!
LOVE that a couple of clicks, brings all of my Christmas right to my door.
I felt like I could enjoy the season so much more when I wasn't worrying about what still needed to be purchased...I think this tradition will carry on!


One evening Alison helped me make Chex Mix and we watched a Christmas movie together.  She's finally getting old enough to remember our traditions and really want to be a part of them.

Ben added leaves to our table so I could bust out the 1000 piece puzzle I've had for several years.  I was thankful to have something to make me stop, relax and do something for myself for a little bit each day.  With all the commotion of our house, I knew it would take a miracle for the puzzle to actually be finished with all of its pieces.

  
Eliot loved helping me "play puzzle"

I'm excited to say that the puzzle was completed Christmas Day, just in time to clear it off the table for our fancy dinner.


I have to say, the thing I enjoyed most about this Christmas season, was just being at home with my family.  Early morning and evenings in our pj's, sitting my the lit tree and fire, sipping hot coffee and cocoa, music playing, candles lit and eating lots of cookies.  The parties were fun and the gifts were great, but I'm missing these moments already.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

awww, this post made me miss Christmas!