December 28, 2012

Christmas Pictures


I had planned a beautiful 'Shear kids' picture for weeks.  I had their outfits set aside in their closets, ready to go.  I even prepped Eli about wearing a tie and how he wasn't going to complain about it.

Sunday rolled around and I decided that if their outfits were that special, they should wear them to church too, to get maximum cuteness out of them.


Sometimes I feel like my kids are paying me back for all the Sunday mornings I threw fits over wearing tights as a kid.  I have vivid memories of my dad shoving me into tights and crying at church about how itchy they were.  I now feel my parents pain...why must children be so difficult over clothes!
Sunday morning, as I attempted to dress our 3 children for my beloved picture, I quickly found all of us in tears.  Sigh.  Alison's tights were the wrong color, Eliot didn't like all the buttons and the tie-forget it!  I think Colin just felt left out and started crying too. 
 

Well, just like my father many years ago, I shoved my kids in their matching clothes, dried their tears and told them to buck up.  We were going to take that picture!


Somehow in the shuffle of the morning, Colin fell asleep.  Of course.
So, if you will, imagine these pictures pieced together as one beautiful 'Shear Kids' picture.
Even with the tantrums and fits overs tights and buttons, I'm so very thankful for our 3 little blessings.


1 comment:

katherine said...

I love the story behind these photos even though it involves tears because that's real life with young kids. My kids are strangely compliant about clothes so far, but dinner time is the most ridiculous battle every single night so I definitely feel your pain.