March 7, 2013

Trip to South Carolina


I loaded the kids up and we headed down to South Carolina to visit Ben for the weekend.
I make it sound so easy, but it was A LOT OF WORK!  Packing for 4 people for a road trip to a destination that doesn't have baby things is far from easy.
But, I have to say that the kids were amazing on the trip down.  Not a single cry or whine or complaint.  The kids were so excited to eat at Burger King (can you tell we never eat out?).  But lesson learned; they really just wanted to wear a crown and run around the play area...I'll save my money next time and pack PB&J's.
 

We made it in 7 hours and got there just in time to enjoy dinner with daddy.

walking into the hotel, happy to be with daddy

Out to lunch, Alison drawing daddy a picture
We played hard on Saturday and the kids crashed early while watching their movie.


After church on Sunday we headed back home...which was a whole other ballgame from the drive down.  Colin was just done with the carseat.  Alison was very concerned that her homework wasn't done and Eli was freaking out that it was dark outside and he wasn't in bed.  We made it home, very late at night and jumped right back into life Monday morning.

I was thankful to be home and was more thankful to have some time with Ben.  And while I got to enjoy the comfort of my own bed, Ben was on a ship.   We haven't been able to talk this week, so I can't tell you what he did on that ship, but he sure does look handsome in his uniform, don't you think?

No comments: