May 15, 2013

While we were gone...


Daddy got to take care of the boys.
Thankfully, the week we went was right in between Ben's last day at Hope and his first day on base, so he had the week free to just be with the boys.
 

He took them on special outings each day.  This day was ice cream at our "new" McDonalds and Colin got to have his first bite of ice cream.
 

Being away from the boys was harder than I thought it would be.  I was ready for a break and for some sleep, but after a day I was ready to hear their voice and see their smiles.

I'm so thankful Ben was able to have some time with his boys and he did an amazing job with them.  I came home to a very polite 3 year old and a sleeping-through-the-night baby.  Maybe mommy needs to leave a little more often...


And I forgot these pictures from our trip:

Aunt Beth took Alison to her favorite place on earth...the park. 

No comments: