January 16, 2014

A boy update


Colin "cleaning" up the salt he poured all over the table...Eli giving him an "I taught you well" look

We met with a nutritionist last week to discuss a plan for Colin.  She confirmed that Colin is 2 pounds underweight and needs to gain some essential weight in the next couple of months.  I loved her perspective on it though; we're not trying to make Colin something that he is not.  He will always be thin with a high metabolism, but we're trying to make him the best Colin that he can be by providing him enough calories for his development.

A few days later, we had a doctor's appointment for Eliot.  He has been showing some signs of nut allergies and we wanted to pursue getting him tested.  To my surprise, we found out that he is also underweight!  All I could do was sigh and assure the doctor that I knew how to pack calories into his diet. 

Eliot does not strike me as being too small.  But the other night, Ben told him to go get some pants on and he came down like this:
 

He's wearing Colin's pants!  And they fit!  Well, except for being too short
Tthis week has been full force into high calorie diets for the boys.  I wish I could say it was easy peasy, but it's been stressful.  I feel like the more I work to feed them, the less they eat.  And balancing high calories for the boys and low calories for the rest of us is complete craziness.  All that to say, if you see us in a few months and Ben and I have put on the weight that the boys should have, please be gracious and know that I tried my best.

I resulted to anything I know they would eat this week, which is not budget friendly but hopefully worth it in the end.

yogurt pouch and nutella sandwich

pasta and avocados...Colin likes them in his hair :)

I'm anxious to find out the results of Eliot's tests...hoping maybe it will explain some of his grumpy moments.

Lately, when Colin gets grumpy, he will strip off all of his clothes, even his diaper.  I don't really understand how being naked solves being angry...
He also found his nose this week

1 comment:

edj3 said...

Hey if you will take those measurements for me, I'll take a whack at making Eliot some pants that stay up on his lil butt.