January 16, 2014

Happy New Year!


I kicked off 2014 going back to my roots.  I've heard a million times "A new year, a new you!".  What if I want to be the old me?  I think there's something precious about knowing who you are, accepting it and appreciating it.

I cleaned and organized the house to start the year in the right direction.  Plus, "old me" relaxes a lot more when things are in their place.

 I put on my grandma's apron, pulled out her old cookbook and spent the afternoon cooking.

Zwiebach

There is absolutely nothing better than fresh bread.
Alison enjoying a fresh after school snack
 We had ham and potato soup for dinner, followed by a butterfinger dessert.  I thought it was funny my grandma had a candy bar dessert in her cookbook, but I figured it must be good if she made it...and it was:)


Yummy food and your family is always a great way to start the new year.  
 




No comments: