January 23, 2014

Snow Day!

The week I planned to a T has been all out of whack.  Tuesday there was a forecast of snow in the evening, so of course school had to get out early.  Everyone was in a panic about the possible inch of snow and everything shut down...literally.  School was cancelled yesterday and today and I wouldn't be surprised if they cancel tomorrow too, simply because it's in the 20's.  Even the Y closed, so I was out of teaching too.  I tried to keep plugging along with the schedule that I planned, but the snow won.

I tried to do some school with Eli, but he just wanted to eat the project.


Alison worked on making loom bracelets.


The kids were dying to play in the snow.
 



Alison had a blast.
 

I made a sled out of Alison's laundry basket and jump rope, just like my dad did when I was a kid.  It actually worked amazingly well.
 


We ran around the yard and made snow angels.
 

Colin was not super excited about my sled or the cold snow.  He didn't last very long outside and was happy watching us play from inside, in the warmth.
 

We warmed up, drank hot chocolate by the fire and watched Despicable Me.  And then, maybe just to prove to everyone around here that it's possible, we went to the grocery store.  We picked up some yummy bears and alligator (aka gummy bears and gatorade) and Alison declared it party time.  I love it that $3 can buy a party for 3 kids.  The kids played "brother/sister", I made pancakes and we celebrated the end of the snow day.

No comments: