September 21, 2014

This week

Saturday, Ben and I ran 10.5 miles...this was the view at the halfway point:
  More on the run in the next post, but it's t-minus 14 days until the half marathon!


Tuesday, I took Colin to the park while Eli was in preschool.  He still does not like being alone and is constantly saying "Go Eli school" (i.e. let's go to Eli's school and get him now!).

Eli came home from school and informed me that he learned about today.  Today it is cloudy (even though the sun is shinning through the windows) because that's where the teacher put the arrow on the chart.  Then he made himself a crown.  This is the first time he's ever made a craft on his own and by his own initiative.


That afternoon he was dying to help me make dinner, but it was only 3:00 so he asked if he could make a sandwich.  I don't like that the first ingredient in Nutella is sugar, but I do like that he can make his own sandwich with it.  Sometimes a little confidence boost is worth a little sugar.


Wednesday, I noticed how long the boys' hair is getting and I love how it kinda swoops over.  I'm really hoping I can keep it looking good longer.


Thursday, I told the kids to go upstairs and clean up their rooms and get ready to take showers while I cleaned up the kitchen.  All of the sudden I heard this:


I've noticed that Eli has started singing more since preschool and I love how he joins in this song...you can even hear Colin if you listen closely.  Sorry for the naked booty.  For what the song is supposed to sound like, you can listen to it here .

Friday, Eli helped me make tilapia for dinner.  The best part of him helping me is that it makes him excited to eat the foods we cook, which is a great help for this picky eater.


Yesterday, Eli had his very first soccer game.  He had some tears and frustration that he didn't get a chance to kick the ball.  I finally told him to just run around the field and have fun...it seems so weird to tell him to just go steal the ball from a teammate if he wants a turn, but with 4 year old soccer, that's what it takes because passing is not in their vocabulary.  Hopefully next week so much better.  On the bright side, the score was tied!


3 comments:

edj3 said...

I think perhaps this is the Year of Eli!

Jen Shear said...

I think you are right :)

edj3 said...

OK Kent and I had to watch the video again of the kids singing and we are crying because we are giggling so much. Love it.