April 10, 2016

Taco Festival

A little slice of heaven in my books; countless taco stands and a beautiful day with me family.
The kids and I staked a spot in the field while Ben hit up several different stands and got a variety of food.

Tacos in Arizona:

Once you have them, you can never go back to "American" tacos.  A difference here, I'm curious if we pick up, is their guacamole is a sauce they put on top of the taco instead of a separate dip for chips.  While I do enjoy their sauce on my taco, I will always have a special spot in my heart for chips and my guacamole.  


Ben wore his Panama hat, which made him look super cool, protected him from the sun AND made him easy to find in a crowd.  I guess I should get myself a snazzy hat...


I confess that my favorite food of the day wasn't a taco.  I had my first frybread yesterday and I was so sad this hasn't been in my life before now.  Imagine a fried pizza crust, drizzled with honey...similar to a funnel cake treat, but a million times better.  We also got one with refried beans and cheese on top, but the honey one was my favorite.



The kids were true kids and were most excited kettle corn and dip n' dots.  Are you getting the feeling we ate WAY too much...because you would be right.


We may have eaten a lot, but we had lots of fun.  Plus everything, except the food, was completely free.  Alison got her arm painted (it was supposed to be face painting but she didn't want to freak out Maya, so she requested her arm be painted) and the boys road a train.

 

They all jumped in some bouncy houses and we called it a successful day.


Maybe a little too successful.  Colin fell asleep and we could not wake him up!

  
After the festival, we took Maya to Petsmart to get a new collar and tag.  She's grown so much in the 10 days we've had her that it feels silly carrying her, but we still have to pick her up to take her outside.  The harness she's wearing here, was SO baggy a week ago and now it fits fine.  I'm getting very nervous about how big this dog is going to get.  Why do we always have giant pets???

No comments: