June 16, 2016

Happy Birthday Colin William! pt. 1

Colin is 4!


I had cinnamon rolls all ready to go for our early morning party and Alison and Eli waited so patiently for Colin to wake up.  

Colin collapsed on the floor when I tried to take a picture of breakfast

I'll give an update on Maya later, but you can see she's was still looking pretty rough the morning of Colin's birthday.  I kept food and water by her at all times because she was too weak to get up and walk over to her food spot.  I was thankful to be taking care of her and not mourning the loss of her on Colin's birthday...and she's doing much better today, but that's for later. 

We had planned to go to the camel farm with our friends, the White's, but it was closed when we got there.  Colin was disappointed, but we played at Castle Park for a little bit with our friends to make up for it.

Tolson and Colin
 We spent the afternoon taking care of Maya and playing.  The boys made up some game that involved running around the house with Lego guns.


The first thing Colin said when he got up was, "Where's my birthday shirt?".   Alison asked if she could make his shirt and he LOVED it.  After lunch, they all decorated a shirt for fun.

 

Eli's pictures are never just a picture; they are always a story and it's always an adventure what you're going to hear.


I gave Maya a bath and Colin wanted a bath too.

When daddy got home, it was time to party!

Every time we go the library, Colin asks if I will please buy him a telescope (they have some by the kid's books).  One thing I love about Arizona is being able to see the stars so clearly just from our backyard and stargazing is something we definitely want to do with our kids. 


Alison very thoughtfully, bought Colin walkie talkies.





He also got an astronaut helmet, a building set and superhero costumes.


The party was just starting, so stay tuned.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

You have to frame that last picture!!!!

edj3 said...

I agree with Jamie!

Also I love it that Colin wanted a birthday boy shirt and that Alison decorated his shirt for him. That's just incredibly sweet.