September 28, 2016

Safe and sound

I realized our parents might want to know that Ben is safe on the base now.  The chaplain he is replacing let him use his cell phone to call me and let me know he got there okay.  I think I spent the whole conversations saying, "Please tell him thank you!".  He was also able to send me a couple of texts late one night while he was at breakfast (the place had wi-fi).  I haven't heard anything for a couple of days while we wait for him to set up his personal wi-fi there, but he's safe on base and that is giving me huge peace of mind.

The kids have not talked to him yet and are already missing him.  Eli was the only one up for awhile yesterday and requested sending daddy lots of pictures of him and Maya.  I think I have 50 pictures of Eli and Maya now...

She always has to give each kid a good-morning kiss when they first get up

Even Maya notices that Ben is gone.  Every evening, Ben watches a show on the TV and I watch something on the iPad in our room.  That probably sounds really lame, but it's just what we do.  Maya always comes and lays in her spot in our room and waits for Ben to come give her a good petting before she gets in her crate for the night.  Well, since Ben's gone, I've taken over the TV and Maya doesn't know what do to with herself.  Last night she drug out this blanket and formed it into a little bed for herself and was clearly not happy that we were still downstairs.  Then it took me about 10 minutes to get her in the crate because apparently my pet-downs are not as good as Ben's.


We went to Hastings yesterday; they're going out of business this week and everything is dirt cheap.  I may have gotten carried away, but I found some great school books that we'll use for many years.




Colin was one big goof yesterday.  He wore this apron all day pretending to be a maker (baker) and an artist.  Then he turned into a photographer and was telling me to do these crazy poses, like this one:
 

Having 3 kids and a puppy certainly keeps my days entertained, which I am so thankful for right now.

1 comment:

edj3 said...

That second picture of Eli with Maya is just the best. It totally captures him.