November 9, 2016

Trip to the Children's Museum

I began my text to Laurel about the San Diego Zoo trip with, "I promise I'm not crazy."
Sunday, she came up to me at church and asked, "Do you want to join my crazy train and come to Phoenix with us?"  They were planning on going to the Children's Museum for Aline's birthday and wanted us to join them.  It made me laugh and I'm SO thankful for the crazy trips we've begun.  It has certainly helped the weeks go by faster and helped break things up for me.

Tuesday morning, we were up bright and early and drove to Phoenix.  Ben teases me that I'm now an expert on the drive.  We've lived in Arizona 9 months and I've been to Phoenix 6 times!

First stop in the museum was a giant jungle gym.  It was 3 stories tall, with different paths and climbing structures.  
 
Alison and Aline at the top
 Colin needed help up, so I ventured up with him.


Then we went through the car wash.


Eli made a craft in the art room:
 

And the kids played hide and seek in the noodle forest:
 

The boys painted their faces:


 Colin drove a race car:


I think the kids' favorite part was the grocery story and kitchen area:





We had a picnic lunch outside. 
 


Alison and I riding a motorcycle:
 



The museum was definitely worth the drive and the kids are already asking when we can go back. 



After the museum, Laurel's husband found a really cool ice cream place for us to check out.  It was called Creamistry and uses liquid nitrogen ice to make the ice cream.  It was super fun to watch them make the creations, but it was SO expensive. We justified it as educational and hope they always remember that experience.


The ice cream also came with spoons that changed colors when it touched the ice cream.  We noticed that the ice cream melted really fast, so we chose to eat outside by the fountain.


It was a fun day with some really great friends. 
#crazyfieldtrips...next up, the Border Patrol Station.

No comments: