May 16, 2017

The fort

I almost forgot the most favorite part of the trip! We may have to go back to the house in the mountains because I'm pretty sure the kids loved it more than Legoland. Ben built the boys a fort up in the woods behind the house. It was a big deal to them! Eli kept telling Colin that this was real and they weren't just pretending.




There was an abandoned lot next door and Alison found some old broken plates.  She had so much fun collecting "artifacts" and brought them up to the fort.



Eli wore this outfit every day because he called it his pirate costume...and kept flipping the collar under, because that made it more pirate-y I guess.  I LOVE this picture of him.


Protecting the fort.



The kids also decided that this trip would be a great time to do lots of growing.  Usually, they don't eat much when we travel, but this time they were a bottomless pit!  Every single trip, I look down and see their pants are too short!  I swear they fit when I packed them.

No comments: