May 14, 2017

Vacation, Day 5

This is how the kids felt about the Legoland hotel:


This is perhaps my most favorite movie of Colin.  I've watched it 1,000 because it makes me laugh, but I also want to put a shirt on him that says "I promise my momma feeds me"...he seriously eats more than the other two most of the time, but we are still rolling up 3T swimsuits to stay on his tiny tush.  The elevator would play music and turn on a disco ball each time you got in it, so we had lots of little dance parties.

The Legoland hotel is the most kid friendly place I've ever been too.  Ben and I would have appreciated a full size toilet, but they had scavenger hunts for the kids to find a lego prize and had building stations in the lobby, a dance party room, juice boxes in the rooms and even a kids food station in the restaurant.  Perk of military service is we got amazing deals on the hotel and Legoland tickets...I felt bad knowing how much everyone else paid to be there.

We also scored on the prefect day to go.  The weather was perfect and there were no crowds!  I LOVE this about homeschooling; going to busy places on their off days.  We didn't wait in a single line and even got to drive the cars for 2 cycles because there wasn't anyone waiting to get on.

Walking into Legoland with Eli holding my hand is my favorite memory of the trip.  The moral of this trip was "just can't capture it in a picture".  The excitement and joy coming from the kids was definitely something to cherish.


I think the Star Wars section might have been their favorite, although Ninjago was a close second.




For non-ride people, we were able to ride pretty much every ride.  I think it really means that the park is geared toward a younger crowd and I'm glad we went when we did.  There were two small roller coasters that the kids passed on, but everything else, we all enjoyed. 

Driving a boat:



And driving cars:



And driving airplanes...I guess we did a lot of driving!



We went through the park twice, stopped for apple fries (I read they were a must, but found they weren't really a must for our family) and spoiled the boys a little at the gift shop.  Then we let the kids swim for a little bit. 


We planned on going to the Sea life aquarium on Friday, but decided to go back another day when we saw the crowds and the rain and we were all ready to get back home to our puppy.  The hotel was great, but by the second day, the constant crowds and commotion was starting to get to me.  Instead, we found a fantastic burger place (The Burger Lounge...go there!) and hit the road home.  I feel like we always add to our trip list while on trips.  Not sure if that's normal, but I don't mind having to go back to cool off when Yuma turns into the surface of the sun.

No comments: