June 4, 2017

Elizabeth, Kent and Jordan Visit

Alison cleaning for family to visit; I love that she puts on her apron to clean.


 Elizabeth, Kent and Jordan came to visit for a few days and arrived on Kent's 50th birthday!  We felt honored to spend a special day with him.  We had enchiladas for dinner and strawberry swirl cheesecake for dessert.  I made the mistake of thinking I had plenty of candles in our pantry and could only find a #7,5 and 2...so Kent had to turn 7 this year instead of 50.


For Eli's birthday, Elizabeth and Kent sent Eli fabric and a pattern to make a costume.  I haven't had time to do anything beyond cutting out part of the pattern, so Kent helped Eli finally sew his birthday present.


We played lots of games during their stay.  Uncle Jordan was very patient with Colin as he learned the ropes of Blockus.


The men spent a lot of time playing Risk and Eli could not be left out.  Naturally he's missing a shirt, but he would pick different characters in the game and go dress up like them.  


Ben and I were able to go on a long run together.  Ben tricked me into going much further than I had planned, but we just enjoyed the time talking without interruptions.   We ended up running all the way to the border of Mexico!


We took a quick picture and accidentally tipped off the border patrol...oops.  A few minutes later, 2 trucks were following us along the dirt path we were on.


We made it home, safe and sound, 10 miles later.  This is the sidewalk going into our neighborhood:


Whoever built it clearly has never walked on a sidewalk before.

Memorial Day, Alison really wanted to go to the river.  I love the river too, so I thought we'd go early in the morning to beat the crowd.  I underestimated Yuman's love for the river!  It was packed and people were already grilling at 8:30 am!


We went to get coffee instead.

We also went to a new taco stand.  I think this one might be the best one yet, but I might have been swayed by the abundance of shade.  Eli looks so much older to me here.

No comments: