June 29, 2017

Cooking, week 3

This week, the girls decorated the cupcakes the made last week (I froze them).  I broke out all of my old decorating supplies, showed the girls how to use them and then just let them experiment.


It was very strange getting out this old stuff; took me back to that strange phase in life when I attempted decorating cakes.  However, it kind of redeemed that strange phase when it went to good use and the girls thought it was the best thing ever.  I thought it was a great cooking plan since we didn't have to cook anything, but the frosting started melting!

On an unrelated note, Alison convinced Colin that cantaloupe is "strong fruit".  For two days, Ben tried to get Colin to eat it.  He is not a picky eater and I am confident he has had it before, but for whatever reason, he chose to be a stinker about it and wouldn't touch it.  Ben tried so many different things and it was to no avail.  Big Sister jumps in and somehow convinces him that it's not actually cantaloupe, but it's really "strong fruit" and will make his muscles grow overnight.  He devours it for the next two days :)

1 comment: