April 5, 2018

A decade in the making

10 years ago today, I wrote the very first post on this blog.
This blog has turned into something much more than I ever thought it would.  Most people write blogs to make money or speak to the masses or become popular in the world, but I began writing as a way to share with our extended family what was happening in our simple life.  I continued writing as a way to document memories, mostly because my own memory is terrible and I forget everything.

Now?  Now, it is common for Alison to ask if she can read the blog.  She has read it completely through a couple of times and loves seeing a glimpse of what it was like to be the only child for a few years.  She often asks me to post more because that's how much she loves reading it :)  I love that in a way, I've written a family book for her.  It is also common for one of the kids to ask to see a video and we'll end up all huddled around the computer, looking at old posts together.

Happy 10 years blog! 


Eli still doesn't like pictures.
BUT he loves building!  Check out the hotel he built!


He even has a cable car and has since added a restaurant to the back of the building.


1 comment:

edj3 said...

First, congrats on 10 years blogging. And let me say how very much I love your posts. They truly help diminish the miles between us.

And second, tell Eli Nana said WOW on his hotel. That thing is amazing!