April 6, 2018

Easter


The sun is getting more intense already...I think it may be time to invest in some sun glasses for Eli :)


Unfortunately I didn't get any family pictures, but I was able to snap a few of the kids before church.  Alison opted for a new, sparkly, headband instead of a new dress this year.  I thought it was a very wise decision, especially because she loves her some accessories.


 After church we sent the kids upstairs and hid their baskets.  This was the first year we made them wait until after church to do baskets and they were not thrilled with the decision, but it sure made church a little calmer with less sugar in their system.




Baskets were simple this year with just a water bottle, candy and a fun magazine.  I think we may have graduated from the traditional sidewalk chalk and bubbles.  However, Eli said his favorite were the peeps that I threw in just for fun.


I loved our appetizer lunch:

 

Then we had an egg hunt.  We already had too much candy, so this year I filled the eggs with coins.




Elizabeth joined us in the afternoon and we all dyed eggs.  Shane deployed again last week and I'm hoping she'll let us adopt her for the next 6 months.


For dinner we had ham, mashed potatoes, green beans and zwiebach.  Dessert was carrot cupcakes that Alison helped make and Eli decorated.


No comments: